In all the years, I have threaded and at events I speak at. I am constantly asked certain questions about the Art of Threading (r).
1) Does It Hurt? Well, No and yes. It hurts if you have high sensitivity to pain, but if you have done waxing, then you would not consider threading painful. Since threading only targets the individual hairs, skin irritation is kept to a minimum. This is unlike waxing, which often causes unnecessary stretching and removal of the skin’s delicate top layers. even the first session, it will feel like small tugs on the brows, but nothing uncomfortable.
2) Can you really fix my brows? Threading is very precise and allows specialists to have greater control than waxing — resulting in a better brow shape for you!
3) Is Threading Natural?: Threading is 100% natural, there are no artificial waxes, chemicals, or invasive techniques used.
4) Do I have to grow out my brows in order to get threaded? Even those short stubbly hairs can be removed so you can avoid that yucky growing-out period that everyone hates.
5) Will threading make me break out? The majority of people that break out from waxing tend to not break out from threading. Also, threading is completely safe and dermatologist-recommended for individuals who are currently using medications like Accutane and Retin-A.
6) Will threading cause wrinkles? Waxing can tug, pull, stretch, and even remove the delicate skin on your face, eventually facilitating in the development of wrinkles. The good news is that threading does none of this.
7) How Long Does it take? The average eyebrow procedure takes about 5 to 10 minutes, while tweezing takes about 20 minutes.